Recipe Corner Homemade Bread
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 2-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or organic coconut oil
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
MARKETS OF SUNSHINE #HANDMADE #GIFTS #MOSGIFTCLUBMarkets of Sunshine Handmade gifts USA #mosgiftclubUnique handmade gifts for the loved ones in your life. Follow #marketsofsunshine for more items like these!
Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools