It also takes a humble attitude and not being afraid to ask for help and delegate responsibilities to others on the team.
For the next few months I will be sprinkling in articles about Etsy and how their teams work in order to help you decide if they are right for you and your Etsy shop.
Keep in mind that being on a team is not a one way street. You will have a measure of responsibility to participate when you join any team. I'll go into that in a future post.
For now let's talk more about my experience and how it has affected me over the last 6 years.
I started my first Etsy team back in 2010 under the name Sunshine Farm Girl Co-op. It was a fun and diverse group of women from all around the USA. I did not know any of the women who joined personally at that time.
Over the course of 5 years I have forged lasting friendships with many team member's even though I have never met them in person.
Our team did a number of great activities on and off Etsy to help get the word out about our shops. It was a lot of fun.
Here is a list of the different marketing activities that we did to help promote our shops.
- Gift Sampler Box - This was a great marketing strategy. The participating vendor's sent in samples of their work and they went out to subscriber's all over the USA.
- BNR/BNS Games - Buying Club played in Etsy treasuries
- Recipe and DIY Project book - This was a collection of member's favorite recipes and diy projects and household tips that was published in a book. (see photo)
- Celebrity Gifting Lounge - Participating team member's sent in samples of their work and it was gifted to Celebrities in a number of different events such as The Oscar's.
- Social media networking - Participating member's collaborated on social media
- Etsy Networking - Participating member's collaborated on Etsy in a number of different ways
- Customer Follow-up - Vendor's received a list of the customer's that were in the Gift Sampler Box program so they could keep in touch throughout the year with updates about their shop.
I even shared our products in the community at area businesses.
They loved it as you can see in the above photo.
These are 2 sweet worker's at Debbie's Health Food Store
As you can see I was very busy helping other Etsy seller's promote their shop's online and offline.
Tune in next week when I go more in depth about my current team that I am Captain of:
I'd like to introduce you to 2 of my Markets of Sunshine Etsy team member's blog's. Please, take a moment to visit Icky Chic Designs and EWD Marketing and leave a comment telling them you saw them on Markets of Sunshine blog.
Sending You Sunshine,